Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Savvy!

Sunrise was at 5:26, today, and sunrise will be at 9:04. Bandon's sunrise was at 5:50, sunset (and it should be a beautiful one) will be at 8:56. I walked 8134 steps yesterday. I felt I was too busy to take my breaks, I DID eat lunch, so I didn't walk around the mall. I need to take my breaks and go a-roamin'. MUST. GET. STEPS.

No major blog today. Book Group meets tomorrow and I haven't gone in months. I am going to take my cereal out to the patio and enjoy the coolth of the air and read Savvy. I am so HAPPY that I have a reason to re-read this amazing book.

Savvy, by Ingrid Law, is about a girl whose family all inherit a certain savvy, a skill of knowing something, on their 13th birthdays. On Savvy's birthday, everything goes wrong and she is left to negotiate the change on her own.

Funny, sweet, romantic, high jinks galore, Savvy will leave you wondering what your savvy is and hoping that you have one. This is a great book to read aloud in class, a good book for discussion about what each of us has to offer the world.

Yay! I'm off to read among the hummingbirds and jet noise!

No comments:

Post a Comment