Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sunrise 5:46, sunset will be at 8:27

Today's my birthday! Claudia wished me a year full of good wine and books. I am going to start today!

It's cold, wet, and GRAY! The maple catkins are unfolding with that neon shade of green only seen against a sky this color. Yesterday, when it was warm and clear, the birds and bumblebees were swarming them, today, they are hunkered in their nests and caves, waiting for a little dry spell to go out.

The lilacs haven't even started to open, they are usually in full bloom by Easter, but are still in little fists of purple. The tulips, though, are strong and vigorous, and, oddly, run in straight lines across the landscape. We have tall, thick stemmed yellow tulips and sunset colored ones that opened wide showing their throats, some little frilly fuschia ones I don't remember planting. The daffodils are up, the narcissus are all over the yard, and everything smells so good.

I am going to treat myself to a new book, a BOUND one, one I get to buy and haven't yet read, today. I don't know which one, I'm just going to take a little break and find something that speaks to me.

I'll let you know what I find when I post next!

No comments:

Post a Comment