Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Boy 21

Sunrise was at 5:32, sunset will be at 8:59. It's cold, gray, supposed to get up into the 60's. Lushly green and muggy when the sun comes out (if the sun comes out).

I just started a book called Boy 21, by Matthew Quick, and it is so good. I am only on page 53 and it's one of those books I want to be immersed in. I should have started it last night instead of half an hour ago, but I was finishing The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler.

I love Finley, the main character, I love his girlfriend, Erin, and I think I'm really going to love Boy21, the damaged boy who comes to live and play basketball in Belltown.

Matthew Quick wrote another book about a teen in trouble called Sorta Like a Rock Star- a book that had me in tears and laughter all along. I am really looking forward to seeing more from him.

I have to go brush my teeth and go to work- I'm going to be thinking about this book all day. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment