Saturday, October 24, 2009

What a glorious October day; flame colored trees along I-90; blue skies, golden air under the trees and bushes along the sidewalks. Cool breezes, warm air, football. Aaand, may I say, Go Ducks!

Sunrise: 7:43. Sunset: 6:03. Slept late, had a nap, made dinner, started a couple of new books. A good weekend day.

I really enjoyed The Amanda Project and I think teen-aged girls are going to, too. Lots of intrigue and mystery, lots of feeling out of step with the popular girls, lots of realizing that there are other people with good ideas who would be more fun to know. It was very hard to not finish it all at once and having to sleep was the only reason I did. It was fun and I can't wait for the next one.

Now I have to try and decide whether to read a grown-up book or a YA novel next. The choices, for tonight, anyway, are Will Grayson, Will Grayson, by John Green and David Levithan, or Alice I Have Been, by Melanie Benjamin.

John Green is one of my favorite authors so I am tending toward Will Grayson, but Alice (of Alice in Wonderland fame) is one of my favorite characters, so....it's a hard choice, but I think I'm going to go with Will Grayson for now.

I am working at the new Seattle Bookfest in Columbia City tomorrow. I think we've all missed having a book festival in town. I am glad someone is making the effort to do it and I hope it will happen again!

Will Grayson, Will Grayson will be published by Dutton in April, 2010, in hardcover for $17.99. Alice I Have Been will be published in January, 2010, by Delacorte and will be hardcover for $25.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment